Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Carpenter Road? It's no longer a Sheesh. It's a Palace or something.
    No, it's on N. Main St. downtown and is quite new. The one on Carpenter is Palm Palace. Not bad, but not quite in the same league.

FoxyScholar10 Guest

There's a "La Marsa" with a couple of locations in Oakland Cty, incl. Farmington Hills. Their food is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by texorama View Post
    No, it's on N. Main St. downtown and is quite new. The one on Carpenter is Palm Palace. Not bad, but not quite in the same league.
    Thanks for the heads-up. I'm usually quite well versed in A2. This year is different with my business taking all of my time. I spend time on the east side - Ford Lake, and the westside - Maple and Miller, but little time downtown except to shuttle kids around to music and soccer. I'll make it a point to check it out.

Default If you liked LaShish...

Try a place called Cedars. It's at Michigan and Millitary in West Dearborn. Good Stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmanjim View Post
    Try a place called Cedars. It's at Michigan and Millitary in West Dearborn. Good Stuff!
    Been there. It's excellent. It was recommended by Arabic co-workers a few years ago. Unfortunately, I've only been during the Arabic Festival. It's not really in my regular loop.

another good arabic restaurant to try in dearborn is Ollies - on ford road and greenfield -tucked into a strip mall - off mercury drive

gdogslim Guest

Try Hummus Mediterranean Grill
    Former La Shish chef owns and runs it, good food.22151 Gratiot Ave
    Eastpointe, MI 48021

DetroitDad Guest

Default Amani's

Amani's on the corner of Michigan Avenue and Maple in Dearborn is my favorite so far. It's about a ten minute drive down Michigan Avenue, a ten minute drive down I-94 from Wayne State or New Center, or a fifteen-twenty minute bus ride from Downtown, straight down the 200 Line on Michigan Avenue. We are regulars there.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchmanjim View Post

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Al Ameer [[in East Dearborn) or Ceaderland. Both are pretty decent, and even make good cup of Turkish/Arabic coffee.

To bring this thread back, sort of, to the original question: The old La Shish on the west side of Dearborn will soon become a Palm Palace, which has locations in Auburb Hills, Ann Arbor and, as someone mentioned above, on Hall Road in Clinton Township.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    ... In Dearborn on Michigan Avenue, I see where the closed-down La Shish restaurant right next to the Pantheon Club, there's signage [[on the club's video billboard) that indicates that the restaurant will re-open "soon".. I guess that the club owners are trying to revive the restaurant, and bought the name.. anyone know anything about the possibilities of La Shish re-opening?

LaShish will be opening soon according to signs in the windows. No date is given. Recently there has been remodeling, painting, etc going on. The original Lashish lettering was stripped from the outdoor sign leaving the blue background and is replaced with the name lit up in green. Not sure if it's neon. Underneath that is another sign asking to help LaShish find their next location with it's web site address. Looks like it won't be long

Quote Originally Posted by texorama View Post
    Palm Palace in A2 can be hit or miss. But I had the best meal I've had in a long time there a couple of months ago.

ferntruth Guest

Quote Originally Posted by beanietek View Post
    another good arabic restaurant to try in dearborn is Ollies - on ford road and greenfield -tucked into a strip mall - off mercury drive

I concur! One of my favorite lunch places.

Country Kitchen on Schaffer north of Michigan Ave. Loaded with Dearborn cops every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ferntruth View Post
    I concur! One of my favorite lunch places.
    They're opening an Ollie's on Van Dyke just north of 14 Mile in the old Don Pablo's

Wonder what will become of the old Westland location of La Shish, That place seemed busy everytime I went by it.

Quote Originally Posted by msamslex View Post
    LaShish will be opening soon according to signs in the windows. No date is given. Recently there has been remodeling, painting, etc going on. The original Lashish lettering was stripped from the outdoor sign leaving the blue background and is replaced with the name lit up in green. Not sure if it's neon. Underneath that is another sign asking to help LaShish find their next location with it's web site address. Looks like it won't be long

Went past there today. Sign in window, now hiring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2