Quote Originally Posted by Kevgoblue View Post
Actually I noticed a few scenes where the "hellraisers" were miked. So the show is definately just a 2011 version of wrestling [[prepackaged entertainment).

On the other hand, I've been there a couple times and the line was way longer than I would have ever guessed, prior to going in. The prices on the merchandise were also WAAAYYY high for what one would expect to pay for used goods at a pawn shop. That being said no one was in there, acting ignorant.

All in all, a mix of truth and fiction.
Yea, I saw a few of the Microphones taped to the peoples backs, as security was dragging the people out of the pawn shop for causing a disturbance.

I like the fact that this show is based in Detroit, but im really embarrased that this show is reinforcing the negative images that people associate with Detroit.

Other than that, the father who is the owner seems like a really cool person. I am however tired of seeing the sister and brother fight every week over who is in control of the shop.

Now on the other hand, Pawn Stars in Vegas has their issues also. I like the old man, Rick, Big Haus and Chumley, eventhough their is some differences it adds to the show. I just don't like the fact that evertime someone brings in something they need to call in an expert. They been in the business long enough, they should know what they are doing.