Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

You still don't get it, do you? Where you may see emptiness and a potential lawless playground, I see home. And it is home to me and over 800,000 other people. Most of us, believe it or not, law abiding citizens, trying to make the best out of living in a terrible economy with limited resources under often difficult conditions. Then along comes that guy from somewhere else who vandalizes the hell out of vacant houses, classrooms, public bridges, etc. that do not belong to him by spraying neon bright paint all over them and calling it "art." Only that's my city, the city that I, my parents, my cousins, all live in that he's spraying paint all over.

Oh and then there's those cool overgrown kids who decided to go out and snowmobile up and down our streets and freeways, and just to show how cool they think their potentially dangerous foolishness was, they put it up on YouTube. So why did these brain surgeons chose our fair city to do this in? Why not do it in Farmington Hills, or Troy, or Livonia? Because chances are they'd all be in jail now, and their nice little toys confiscated, if they did that.

As several people point out above, these are only the latest incidents of outsiders coming here to my city specifically to do "wild and crazy" goofy crap they wouldn't dare do at home. This kind of stuff has gone on for years now, and it is infuriating for those of us who actually live in your "playground."

Now, like most people, I'd like to see the drug dealers, b&e men, felonious assaulters, etc. thrown in jail. But I'd also like to see these other "just having fun" jerk-offs thrown right in there with them. All of them treat my home like trash and disrespect and diminish the quality of life of myself, my family, and my neighbors. It's just too bad that that would take diverting our precious and deeply understaffed law enforcement to police the actions of over-entitled and under-matured middle class overgrown children who should know better.
    Last edited by EastsideAl; February-16-11 at 08:58 PM.