Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
It is kind of ordinary in a big way John. It doesnt stand out from the rest of the graffitti on the streets of Detroit or anywhere else. Maybe painting dumpsters for a couple of years and reflecting on that and other things would bring a better Focal Distance to all of this. If this is what results from 2 or 3 years of study at an art school, it is better to not study in an art school. Reflect on what you have done so far, and try to think of how much work and finesse went into designing that little cart, and the classroom setting you vandalized in your eagerness to shock. Try to differentiate between the forgettable and the memorable and unique. Read as much as you can to help yourself find the words and put them in the right sequence because what you wrote is clearly unclear. Painting and making art is a painful thing, it is difficult, and vandalism is a cop-out and really shocking for all the wrong reasons.
I dont see it as vandalism, I see it as creating what I want. With this I do understand that there are going to be plenty of people on both sides of the fence. People will either love it or hate it. It is out of my hand now.
On another note... Doesn't this project say something about the city. Not because of the paint, but because of the number of buildings that are apart of the project. I think it says something about the city its self.

Through the use of art, or graffiti [[as stated) people can speak about social/political issues even if its not directly spell out for the viewer.