Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Ah, yes...your penchant for dictionary definitions...

Well, let's post another one, shall we?

Main Entry: at·tain
    Pronunciation: \ə-ˈtān\
    Function: verb

transitive verb
    1 : to reach as an end : gain, achieve <attain a goal>
    2 : to come into possession of : obtain <he attained preferment over his fellows>
    3 : to come to as the end of a progression or course of movement

You will note meaning 2, "coming into possession of [[obtain)".
    Couple that with meaning 2 of your posting of the definition of success, i.e., the attainment of wealth, prestige, etc., and it becomes clear that simply obtaining wealth falls well within the parameters of being successful.

In other words, one doesn't necessarily have to work for it. One can be successful simply through dumb luck or perferrment.

QED.

After futile attempts by the right wing, it been confirmed:

1. Rush is still an obnoxious radio host.

2. He is a drug addicted hypocrite.

3. He claims to be against illegals, yet employed one to seek out his drugs.

4. We now know he is a lousy businessman who has no clue who his partners are.

ccbatson Guest

LOL..I preemptively quashed that possibility in the original post...Sometimes I amaze myself at how I can accomplish so much while being so succinct.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    LOL..I preemptively quashed that possibility in the original post...Sometimes I amaze myself at how I can accomplish so much while being so succinct.
    Translation: I have proved nothing, I stroke my ego to console myself since my argument was weak and had no footing to stand on.

Whatever you think you "quashed", you still lose. The dictionary is a universal [[according to you), and the dictionary agrees with me.

Game, set, match to me. Wanna go again?

ccbatson Guest

Go on...admit it, I flummoxed you and you walked right into it.

See post #329...

ccbatson Guest

No substantive compelling arguments in 329...just your baseless denial.

Stosh Guest

No substantive compelling arguments in 329...just your baseless denial.
    Just as there's no basis for assuming you know what you write about. The term baseless is correct, in your case. Just as in baseball, you struck out. Try again next time.

What you attempted--and failed--to do was to frame the discussion on your own terms.

You called the dictionary into service as your ultimate arbitor; you don't get to add external restrictions of your own devising as a pre-emptive measure to ensure your "victory".

In the words of Buzz Lightyear, "You are a sad, strange little man. You have my pity."

ccbatson Guest

At least you do understand what I did [[I am surprised), but you fell into the trap just the same.

You think that juvenile ploy was unremarked? Please. I raised teenagers; they're much more subtle and cunning than you've demonstrated. And far from falling into your so-called "trap", I called you out on it.

You'll have to do better than that. And BTW, you're still wrong and you still lost. Deal with it.

Rush still has nothing of substance to offer the airwaves.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    What you attempted--and failed--to do was to frame the discussion on your own terms.

You called the dictionary into service as your ultimate arbitor; you don't get to add external restrictions of your own devising as a pre-emptive measure to ensure your "victory".

In the words of Buzz Lightyear, "You are a sad, strange little man. You have my pity."
    Sort of like how he called the dictionary into service to try and explain the meaning of "fascism" and ended up agreeing with the rest of the world's definition-that it is the political polar opposite of communism.

Let the master of pity take over this one:

ccbatson Guest

Lorax...or Maxx, or whatever you are going by these days...you come back to make a personal attack and name call? Subtlety and candor must not be your strong suit.

Lorax Guest

As a moderator, you should know that we are two different people.

ccbatson Guest

If I were a moderator, do you think I would let you get away with breaking the rules as you do so often?

Senators Boehner, McConnell, and Barbour may believe they are fitting Rush's redefinion of smart. Some are characterizing the GOP strategy of the last two years as near genius.

Quote Originally Posted by vetalalumni View Post
    Senators Boehner, McConnell, and Barbour may believe they are fitting Rush's redefinion of smart. Some are characterizing the GOP strategy of the last two years as near genius.
    Oooops, Congressman Boehner, Senator McConnell, and Governor Haley Barbour.

Met some of McConnell's relatives years ago. He has some powerful friends at one of the huge insurance companies.

Met some of McConnell's relatives years ago. He has some powerful friends at one of the huge insurance companies.
    That wouldn't be AIG now, would it?

I seem to recall him being an early proponent of bailing them out.

Not referring to AIG. Cannot give away the asnswer, but I can say no if you get it wrong, and I can say "no comment" [[or not reply at all) if you get it right.

Has Donald Trump redefined smart?

Trump, a republican, has indicated he may reluctantly run for president in 2012. After all, somebody has to do it - be the hero that is.

Trump is careful in his criticisms of influential or powerful people. He said President Obama is a nice man, but that he is “totally over his head.” --> http://www.politico.com/politico44/p...031808e00.html

Is Rep. Michele Bachmann redefining history smartly?

Is Rep. Michele Bachmann redefining history smartly?

Rep. Bachmann is either stupid, a pathological liar, or flat-out evil. It's amazing that someone who would fail a junior high history class can get elected to the Congress!

Quote Originally Posted by HPGrmln View Post
    Sorry, gotta agree with ccbatson..
    The more you guys write about him and discuss him, the more you legitimize him. Youve paid attention to what he's said and are repeating it, giving him credit for the quotes.
    Youve helped him more than hurt him. He's successfully struck a nerve with the anti-"dittoheads".
    Youve given him the publicity he wants for free.
    Rush Limbugh doesn't need our few remarks about him to give him " legitimacy" or publicity.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast