Quote Originally Posted by esp1986 View Post
I really hope this is the case, but I am holding my breath... I haven't been to a Piston's game since the title game in '03.

If the Red Wings move to the Palace, even temporarily, I will not attend any games until they return to the city. I used to live west of town, now I live south, and it is a royal pain in the ass to get to the Palace unless you live north of 696... a typical game essentially takes 8 hours once driving, waiting in traffic, parking walking the half mile to the stadium, the game, and doing it all over again. It is just rediculous. A typical Red Wings, Tigers or Lions game is 5 hours, unless the bars are calling my name.

I am a lifelong and diehard Red Wings fan, and I'm praying they don't move way the hell up to the middle of nowhere.
Honestly, this is the last thing you should be worried about... Illitch is based downtown and that's exactly where he's going to stay... Hopefully he can maybe work a deal out with Gores for the joint arena downtown if Gores gets the team. This has me wondering now though, if all offers are below 400 million, which is what Davidson seems to want, how much more is Gores offering than Illitch?