Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

It still comes up on hotels.com, at $112 per night, second-lowest only to the Leland at $89 [[which I have only seen some rather dilapidated common areas of). But the pictures online of the room don't seem so bad.

I hope they become a Rodeway Inn, so friends&family can visit me for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by n7hn View Post
    I was thinking smoke alarm, Funny if it was a mothin sensor and she sat there in the dark all weekend, looking at her crappy view, tee hee
    LOL, serves her right.

Sounds like they lost their branding with Holiday Inn more than anything else. From what I remember, they had trouble keeping Big City open also. Timing is horrendous with press and media flying in for NAIAS. If they can't get back open as independent in a couple of days, that's a heavy chunk of change out the window. No Ponchartrain, Holiday Inn or Omni...

A Wall Street Journal article earlier this month said Holiday Inn's "sweeping upgrade"of its properties to imrpove its brand includes stripping its name from 700 franchisees, and "cutting loose hotels that are part of its storied past." The article said a lot of properties can't afford the average $150,000 to $200,000 it takes to upgrade their property.

i stayed there a couple nights last year and it is was in the midst of a complete overhaul. The room I was in had been completely redone - new carpet, fixtures, furniture, etc.

lincoln8740 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hardhat View Post
    The article said a lot of properties can't afford the average $150,000 to $200,000 it takes to upgrade their property.
    That number is way way way off. A PIP is usually around 700k to 1 million