Packman, the estate sale you mentioned was my grandfathers in Romeo. Tell the current owner of the Packards to drop me a line, he is a great man. My grandfather was an automotive designer with Harley Earl and designed the early Motorama cars. His connections in the design world gave him the opportunities to meet the movers and shakers which included Horace Dodge Jr. Horace Jr., as I was told liked to party and was living off of a trust. When Horace Jr. would burn through the trust money, he started selling off his belongings, and some went to my grandfather. I believe that is how my grandfather obtained the SS saloon, and the Hispano Suiza. The Hispano was as I was told only driven in the driveway a few times by Horace sr while he was loaded, and it was driven in reverse! That car was hand picked from the 1919 Worlds fair which I think was in Paris at the time. The Packards, were obtained one from Horace Jr. and the other from the man who used to own Zeibart [[the Rollston). Tell the current owner I may have found a pic online with regards as to the Packards being used in the Queens coronation.
As far as the estate sale in Romeo, the late Frank Boos did it for us and it was his last of its kind for him as he passed not too long after. My grandfather remembered him from the Christies auction and requested Frank do the sale on his death bed. He was at the Rose Terrace auction and has an auction book, which I now have, which details every item sold in the auction and for how much. I have also more pics of the cars being brought out of the barns in Romeo and a few newspapers detailing the estate from back in the day. I think the Detroit News put it out. I am still in touch with the now owner of the SS saloon [[1934 Jag). he still loves it. Horace had put in a Dodge straight 6 in it and embossed the block with the same numbers as the Jag frame. He also saved the original standard 16 motor on the crate. The Dodges still have heirs in the area I think one is a lawyer. An antiquer I met who relocated to Phoenix, may have more info on the whereabouts of the heirs. Hope some of this info helps.