Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 33 of 263 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    No idea-howz bout' a clue
    You just need another large cup of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Here's an NHL trivia question for you all:

What do the Bruins, Capitals, Huricanes, and Penguins all have in common, other than being 2008-09 NHL Eastern Conference semi-finalists?

Winner gets an extra take-out helping at St. Jude's next dinner.
    They are all teams the Wings have beaten to win the Stanley Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    They are all teams the Wings have beaten to win the Stanley Cup.
    Very close. All four teams were beaten by the Wings the last time we faced them in the finals.

Now we just have to wait for Cfg to provide the particulars on what you've won.
    Last edited by 7andkelly; May-13-09 at 12:19 PM.

Ahhh, I see how this works ----I end up in the kitchen again! :-) Looks like our next event will be a Parish "Founding/Block Party" on July 12th after the 11:00 Mass. It's an event where we not only celebrate our beginnings - but also invite the neighborhood to join us. We have ice-cream for the kids and hot dogs - selling tickets for each - nominal fee. It usually lasts from noon to 3. I missed the first 2, being on vacation, so I can give an details.

I'm thinking the prize winner may want to wait until the fall when we hope to have an Octoberfest! Still in the planning stages. Don't forget for all the texas Hold'em gamblers out there - Continental Lanes for gamling with St. Jude getting a cut of the action!

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    Ahhh, I see how this works ----I end up in the kitchen again! :-) Looks like our next event will be a Parish "Founding/Block Party" on July 12th after the 11:00 Mass. It's an event where we not only celebrate our beginnings - but also invite the neighborhood to join us. We have ice-cream for the kids and hot dogs - selling tickets for each - nominal fee. It usually lasts from noon to 3. I missed the first 2, being on vacation, so I can give an details.
    Well I certainly hope there will be a couple of rubber hot dogs in the bunch, especially since we're celebrating our roots. And don't forget the boxes of that yummy orange drink!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomyak View Post
    Well I certainly hope there will be a couple of rubber hot dogs in the bunch, especially since we're celebrating our roots. And don't forget the boxes of that yummy orange drink!
    The nickels in the cupcakes would be a BIG hit, especially after some local 5 year old swallows one.

Hey, CFG, do you know a Marcia Buda who lives on Maddelein right across from the church? she's probably about 70

Yeah, Yeah, the rubber hotdog - nickel in the cupcake ----got to share that with the rookie planners! I can see the lucky 80 yr old parishioner rubber hotdog "winner" gumming their way through their lunch! hahahah --- oh, bad, Campfire Girl!
    No, J - I don't know a Marcia Buda and the name's not familiar...sorry- St. Jude member?

She used to live a couple doors down from us on Maddelein and her sister is the one that called Liz a couple weeks ago. She moved down the street behind the church a while back.I think she told her sister about Liz after reading it in the church paper

Wow, wow, wow!!!

Red Wings win!

What an intense game, and a close series. Too close for comfort, that's for sure. The Ducks are the better team in their division, that's for sure. No wonder they ran all over the Sharts.

Wow, wow, wow!!!

Red Wings win!

What an intense game, and a close series. Too close for comfort, that's for sure. The Ducks are the better team in their division, that's for sure. No wonder they ran all over the Sharts.

The sharts aren't the only frauds in San Jose.

The sharts aren't the only frauds in San Jose.
    Do you mean Tango's shame, or Mr. Ed?

I can't believe there's not a Wings thread on this board. If there is, I can't find it. Isn't this supposed to be Hockey Town?

Do you mean Tango's shame, or Mr. Ed?

A horse is a horse, of course of coarse

a horse is a horse, of course of coarse
    rofcmao!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eastburn View Post
    I can't believe there's not a Wings thread on this board. If there is, I can't find it. Isn't this supposed to be Hockey Town?
    EB, the sharing of our gift of exceptional hockey knowledge through this forum is just another example of St. Jude's outreach in the local community.

Of course, this pales in comparison to the work of Debbie and her volunteer staff's saintly mission work at the St. Jude Food Pantry [[15889 E 7 Mile Rd, Detroit, MI 48205), where your much needed and much appreciated donated dollars, food, clothing and furniture go directly to local families in great need.

Being an ardent baseball fan I appreciate the loyalty fans have for the game. However, don't let this happen to you or your kids. Check out the glove.
    Last edited by zitro; January-19-10 at 12:03 PM.

Absolutely 7K - Debbie and her VERY loyal group of volunteers make the lives of the less fortunate living in houses on blocks where we all grew up - much more comfortable. and yes, absolutely, financial donations to St. Jude Parish and St. Jude Pantry are ALWAYS much needed and appreicated. As 7K also points out donations of ALL Groceries and gently used clothes and household goods/appliances/furniture, will always find a good home through the efforts of Debbie and the St. Jude Pantry.

Z - can't really tell what's up with the glove other than he may be sitting on it?

Go Wing's. Great game. The Ducks would not seem to go away even when down 2-0, and 3-1.
    Cleary's goal looked good to me! Don't know what the complaint was about [[maybe a make-up call for the non goaltender interference call earlier?).

Bring on those upstart Black Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    Z - can't really tell what's up with the glove other than he may be sitting on it?

It's just a tad oversized. Like 4 times!!

Big guy, big glove. Can't miss a thing!

It's just a tad oversized. Like 4 times!!
    Either the shot was taken with a wide angle lens or he really, really, wanted a souvenier.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Either the shot was taken with a wide angle lens or he really, really, wanted a souvenier.

It's that big and he was beggin' for balls from the players coming off the field in between innings. The webbing was so big a ball would sail through it. I told him I wouldn't count on him protecting me if one came out way.

My son said he saw the same guy there at a game he went to a couple of weeks ago.

I thought it was interesting that Leyland chose not to bring out the lineup card since he had the dustup with the ump on the left the day before.
    Last edited by zitro; January-19-10 at 12:03 PM.

Page 33 of 263 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 43 83 133 ... LastLast