Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 344 of 432 FirstFirst ... 244 294 334 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 354 394 ... LastLast
Results 8,576 to 8,600 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Peace, Home Girl says " Sweet Dreams".

Candy Man, how's the weather? We dropped from 65 degrees to 23 degrees overnight.
    Good to hear from you Gleeman. Yah, dem Badgers, dere doin' okee-dokee up here alright.

Glmn...Broke Down Hero

Yah....gotta have Gibson on it.
    Last edited by stnfrnt; November-23-10 at 01:08 PM.

OG...radical temperature change.....crop damage? hang in there...throw another log on the fire...twist one up...three fingers of Knappogue 36 Year Old / Cask #19 / 75cl / 40%...pet the dog...favorite tunes......life is good.

Default Pals

PSHEWW...40 years since we had Thanksgiving @ the Mansion...
    Enjoy your families and the friends that remain...God Loves Rock and Roll.

Hey OG, snowing now in the teens and high winds. S'posed to break the bottom off the thermometer tomorrow. I agree with your suggestions Stnfrt. Some folks back east would like to throw in some ice fishin'. Not for me! Happy Thanksgiving All Ya'll!

Gleeman, This is the HB8 I was telling you about.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

OG, better get the snowmobile with the Heinekin tank and ice fishing shanty ready to go. it's almost that time.

I'm almost there. I was out on a lake last Thursday fishing in a canoe. I realized that about 20 years ago I was on the same lake at the same time of year fishing through the ice. I prefer the canoe.

Hey, do any of you folks remember the Thanksgiving at the Garwood when the dogs snatched the turkey off the counter just before we were going to eat? I brought it up a year or so back. I think it was the first time we were going to eat something besides day old wonder bread with sugar & cinnamon.
    Larry, do you still have that photo of the kitchen/kitchen table?

Was Rex the Wonder Dog part of that turkey heist.....I remember something like that going down, but I don't remember the perps

Hey OG...big Stones extravaganza on VH-1 tonight.

[[refer to stnfrnt post #8579)

Yeah, that's the photo. It's the only photograph I've ever seen of that kitchen. Too bad. It was a great space. The old classic mansion kitchen. A great place to hang out. Always good conversations.

I'm reasonably certain that Rex was involved. Puppy Dog was in on the take but not tall enough for the take down. I think I had to measure her to prove her innocence. Jones and Candy Man's dog were suspect too.

from the not-too-cold-yet-just-a-little-wet fields of Champaign Il.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Default Happy T-day...

happy Thanksgiving, everybody...will be eating a lot of Merlot and drinking a lot of Turkey this afternoon...

as of yesterday 13 bags of leaves raked

Default Pals

Seems leaves are not the only thing bagged this mornin`......Happy Holiday FOGers.

I should have gotten a flu shot.

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    Yeah, that's the photo. It's the only photograph I've ever seen of that kitchen. Too bad. It was a great space. The old classic mansion kitchen. A great place to hang out. Always good conversations.

I'm reasonably certain that Rex was involved. Puppy Dog was in on the take but not tall enough for the take down. I think I had to measure her to prove her innocence. Jones and Candy Man's dog were suspect too.
    You talkin' about "Crash" Yes, definatly involved! She once wolfed down a whole pot roast when we had a place on Lauder [[before Garwood) We had invited Gus and Larry over for dinner and as soon as the meat hit the table it disappeared. Now you know how I happened to become vegetarian. OG drink plenty wine, but, don't fall in. Stnfrnt get over that flu bug quick!

Don't any of you get turkey poison and pass out to early and miss the Pumpkin Pie Happy Thanksgiving to all...[[:{

Hi Guys,

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

And while we are on the topic of guitars and stuff, here is the guitar I've been working on all summer. I was going to put a neck on it that had inlays of stars and planets, but that ended up going on a different guitar because I was worried the flexing caused by the unique bridge would pop out the inlays. Nevertheless, just like the guitars at Garwood, this one is like Sampson.

For you guitar nuts out there, the special bridge was chosen so this poor slide player can change the tuning from open E to open G just by flipping levers: no need to re-tune on stage, or carry 2 guitars. The body was finished using "Tru-Oil", which is usually used for gun stocks. So I figure this guitar is pretty dangerous. The handle is necessary because of the recoil. :-) I'll probably refinish the guitar headstock to match the body.
    Last edited by RickBeall; November-25-10 at 08:23 PM.

Hey Guys HAPPY THANKSGIVING
    Attachment 7878

Attachment 7879

MARGIE!!!!

I've been trying to reach you....CALL ME!

Margie/Mike.....Glad you chimed in....wonderful to hear from you..........I plan on being up there Dec7th thru the 12th.....Skipper I plan on being at your bar for open mike, hopefully with Gleeman???.....Whaler, E-me a note...I may have a machine you can help me figure out......Any way, I truly hope all of you had a great T-Day and that it was safe, warm and full of love and peace with whom ever you found yourself with.....And so the madness begins till the New Year.........It's not to late to begin planning our next party....We have found a few more folks [[Lee, the Winter sisters, etc.) Let's keep trying to find others.....Stnft, Hope your feeling better. From what I remember, the flu bug is not a fun thing.....Y'all have a fantastic and safe rest of the holiday wkend, and I'll see you in a week or so.........till then GDGT
    Last edited by gash; November-26-10 at 01:11 PM.

Hey, I'll aim for that open mic too, Dec 7.

Quote Originally Posted by gash View Post
    Howdy Howdy Gang........I, too, wish all the very best for a safe and peaceful Thanksgiving holiday........I plan on being in the Det area on Dec 7th for a few days.....hope to bump in to some of you good people while I'm up there......give me a shout and we can make some plans.......till then GDGT
    { happy day after} t-day and the grinds are still good, yummy pie for the am turkey and ham for the pm, Have a blast up in Det Gash ,Get over the FLU Larry, hope to hook up with Hoover the mover in 2weeks carib and Miami watch out a GW GAL will be the state and beyond going down to Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Cozmel, and back to the Keys ,{^.^*} RR

Hey Rona.....you better bring your own supplies.

Margie......hey sweetheart, great photo. 'Sup Mike?