Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
There is a certain elected board that allows these stores to open in the city. Members of this board are elected during the Mayor's and council's election. Maybe the presidential election. That is why no one knows who they are but vote them in anyway. They could also be easily paid off without much fanfare unlike a Conyers or Kilpatrick. You have small retail businesses who would not want to open next to a liquor store. Even if there are no problems around the store. It is just bad for businesses. Why complain about an electronic display being placed on lower Woodward when there are liquor store opening up around the same area. I would rather have the display than the booze
I do understand the concern for a liquor store, but couldn't the neighborhood vote with its dollars and choose to go elsewhere? From my understanding, the space was vacant before. Any business that would be concerned about locating next to this one probably could have chosen to locate where this business is now located. I understand that this is not a business that the neighborhood needed, but it's not like it must last. Eventually the neighborhood will change and the business will become obsolete at meeting the neighborhood's needs.