Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

CAY was a vulgar buffoon without any people skills and to my knowledge few political skills. Do people recall that after he made numerous insults about Ronald Reagan that Detroit's funding for a Woodward subway line just disappeared? The People Mover was still built but no subway. I never cared for Reagan myself, but as mayor of a large city in the days that large cities received substantially more federal funding you don't bite the hand that feeds you. CAY never learned to work with other elected officials for the good of the city, hew was too busy insulting them.

From what I can recall of Kilpatrick, he seemed to have substantial skills as far as working with other officials at the state and county level, and his mother assured him good access to some federal politicians. Kilpatrick in my opinion had great potential but god did he blow it.
    Last edited by kryptonite; November-18-10 at 12:32 PM.