Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Thread: Firehouses

Hybrid View

Hi TeresaM, and welcome to the thread. It's been running for over 4 years and has turned into a history book. A lot of first person experiences. Good luck with your venture. I hope you find one with the bells still in place!

Thanks, Dfd. I have been reading the old posts for a couple of weeks and have been delighted to learn of all the warm memories the old-timers and firebrats have. I used to be a history buff [[B.C. - before children), and the firsthand accounts are lots of fun for me to read. I especially love the photos and the stories that the firebrats have told about their parents. We have been here a year now, and it has been so sad and painful to drive around this once-majestic city and see what has become of it. It just boggles the mind that people let this happen. Then again, look at the property taxes here! Yikes!

There is one thing I want to say while I have the floor. These stories have really boosted my respect for the Detroit Fire Department. Thanks so much to any of you out there reading.