Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    4th Street from I-75 through Cambell and all the way to those hideous looking newer apartments east of ACO and CVS [[not that middle lot) where the boulevard starts was free parking all weekend. Really not a bad walk at all, considering it cost $15 to park two blocks closer. Very congested on Friday night, but I thought it was great. Except for a couple of conspicuously empty storefronts, Washington Blvd. retail looked great, even at night.
    I got my Washingtons mixed up. Of course, Royal Oak's isn't a boulevard.

I agree with English, although I try to do both. I enjoyed ABE much more when it was in Pontiac. It wasn't as compact...more room to move around..and I always brought my own water. When I complained, as one poster already indicated, that "it's insane I can bring a gun in but not water," the lady at the gate replied, "Well, this is Royal Oak." The crowds yesterday were overwhelming in the afternoon. In fact, they were making people wait to get in until a significant number left. Maybe they can expand the site next year and review some of their policies.

By the way, I enjoy the diversity of the Hamtramck Festival and I am glad that the two young women noted in the news have been successful in keeping it going.

The real Labor Day weekend joy for me is always the Detroit Jazz Festival. It is relaxing, soothing and great for people watching. It always signals the end of Summer for me, but does so in a positive way.

Missed ABE. Jazz Festival was great. Good to see many diverse festivals across the area had good turn outs.

Sounds like the biggest crime at this event was the prices.