Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Respectively,

Not sure the year these were taken, but I'm stuck by the amount of open land!

Truly amazing!

Thanks for posting.

Those pictures and more were posted in the Lakeside Trailer Parkt superthread a few years ago:

http://atdetroit.net/forum/messages/5/36342.html

However, the thread is a mess, with several sub-threads, many of which are out of order, but there are a lot of stories from residents throughout.

@Jimaz: Thanks for printing out the photos to the links I supplied.

Yes, the amount of vacant land is amazing. As to the timeline, I think it is in the middle teens. Packard Motor Car Company used Klenk's Inn as a background for several PR photos in that time period.

When I first saw this set of photos on the WSU website there was a series of earlier photos in the sequence just downriver from Klenk's Inn. In one of those photos there was an image of early airline service between Detroit and Cleveland. but I could not find that image on their website today.