Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
I agree that the progress will come from within the Grand Blvd loop. If Detroit is to re-emerge as a workable city, it is going to happen from the inside out in my estimation. Developments will begin at the core, not at the fringe.

fanniemae, why do you say after Bing is voted out? My general feeling is that Bing is having a positive impact on the way Detroit does business and how it the city is perceived. Sure, Bing is new, but he is seemingly honest and is not a part of the old corrupt political regime, of which, there are still many who need to be ousted. I know he is not the alpha-persona, charasmatic leader the city truly needs, but at least businesses will not be afraid to make investments while he is in office. IMO, anyway.
Bing is just spinning his wheels. Bringing Evans in was a disaster. The man is just too quiet spoken.He is not a bad guy. Bing is not capable of rallying the city. I don't think he is doing much harm other than screwing up the Police Dept. If I were him, I would sidestep Charles Pugh , and work more with Cockrel and Kenyatta. Pugh is in fantasyland.