Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

lilpup Guest

From what I read he's on the pedestrian bridge between Ryan Road and the westbound 11 Mile exit [[entrance from 11 Mile going eastbound). I-696 is closed from Van Dyke to I-75.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    From what I read he's on the pedestrian bridge between Ryan Road and the westbound 11 Mile exit [[entrance from 11 Mile going eastbound). I-696 is closed from Van Dyke to I-75.
    A high school kid jumped off that same bridge about 4 or 5 years ago and landed in the middle of traffic

Retroit Guest

Taser the S.O.B.!

Quote Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
    Taser the S.O.B.!
    With the results we have been getting with that lately he probably would have a better chance jumping

So this begs the question: How long is too long to wait for a jumper to either jump or get off the bridge? it's now 7:25pm, and the guy has been on the bridge and closing the freeway for approx 8 hours now.

7:39 pm the freeway was open when I headed west...thank God! Haha, it took me an hour to go eastbound from 696 and dequindre to St Clair Shores, around 12:30 pm.

Anyone know what happened to the Jumper?

Taken to an unnamed mental facility according to Warren PD. All's well that ends well, I guess.

Dave, you have impeccable timing. the freeway was reopened at 7:30. here's the rest of the story

http://freep.com/article/20090506/CO...Warren+reopens

Quote Originally Posted by Wintersmommy View Post
    A high school kid jumped off that same bridge about 4 or 5 years ago and landed in the middle of traffic
    I remember that story. As I remember, that kid lived.