Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Last night, while watching the fireworks from a parking garage in midtown, we all noticed the entire Northeast corner of the Broderick tower had lights on. Looked as though a stairwell or shaft of some sort was lit. Any information?

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdoc View Post
    Last night, while watching the fireworks from a parking garage in midtown, we all noticed the entire Northeast corner of the Broderick tower had lights on. Looked as though a stairwell or shaft of some sort was lit. Any information?
    They could very well be about to start the renovation. Fred Beal said in a letter to the Michigan House, that renovations could begin within 90 days of approval of a tax credit. Said credit was signed into law by Jennifer "You'll be Blown Away" Granholm in December. So it has been 6 months, it wouldn't surprise me if they are finally starting it with the infusion of people that downtown is about to see... anyone else know anything??

That would be great....though my guess is the developers/owners decided to have a nice fireworks party from an upper floor....

DetroitDad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by detroitdoc View Post
    Yes, the Broderick Tower has been heavily vandalized, with various windows opened, broken out, and boards ripped out. I'm guessing the lights that have been on had something to do with this or it's repair [[?). The advertising banner has also came crashing down. Good news only if you like the whale mural.

See; Lower Woodward Heavily Vandalized.
    Last edited by DetroitDad; June-24-10 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Link Added

It is very nice to see Wyland's Whale Mural again,...it has been quite some time since I have seen it....Im glad the banner came crashing down and they should leave it like this!

Me counted, I expected the Droid ad on the Broderick returning from the Tigers game Sunday, but instead something familiar. It was the whale mural! So I also notice that the ad has been destroyed.