Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 199 of 263 FirstFirst ... 99 149 189 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 209 249 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 6559

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Natalie Wood's reading of that passage is a classic....a little campy but still a classic.
    A really sad movie, that I didn't quite understand when I saw it as a kid, but it still made me cry and, you're right, that passage was read beautifully.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkap View Post
    How bout' some red hot dollars? Next to Jujy Fruit, they're my favorite.
    I could dig some of those red licorice 'records' with the candy bead in the center or some sour grape gum balls. Oh, and how about some flying saucers so we can play 'communion' later on?

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I could dig some of those red licorice 'records' with the candy bead in the center or some sour grape gum balls. Oh, and how about some flying saucers so we can play 'communion' later on?
    it's times like these when i realize that stupid wire basket my mom wanted on my handlebars comes in handy - throw the bottles in it and redeem enough for all that candy and a black jolly roger kite and ball of string. ah, those were the days!!!!!!

Do you think there will be enough room in the basket for one of those tubes of plastic bubbles?

Do you think there will be enough room in the basket for one of those tubes of plastic bubbles?
    Love bubbles.

I also love alleys [[and all the fresh fruits and vegetables, and hiding spots they lead to), George's Party Times' 10 cent packs of Topps baseball cards, 5 cent regular sized Hershey Bars, Bazooka Joes and Mr. Freezes, Jason's bakery's extra large sugar cookies [[free to little kids with cute faces), penny gum from Colonial bank [[the machine and those boxes of two), Chuckles from Pure Gas Station's candy machine, and their unlimited supply of free air. And curbs for sitting, curb ball and sideline markers.

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    Love bubbles.

I also love alleys [[and all the fresh fruits and vegetables, and hiding spots they lead to), George's Party Times' 10 cent packs of Topps baseball cards, 5 cent regular sized Hershey Bars, Bazooka Joes and Mr. Freezes, Jason's bakery's extra large sugar cookies [[free to little kids with cute faces), penny gum from Colonial bank [[the machine and those boxes of two), Chuckles from Pure Gas Station's candy machine, and their unlimited supply of free air. And curbs for sitting, curb ball and sideline markers.
    And manhole covers for 1st and 3rd, gutters for floating popsicle stick boats, and bush 'forts' on the sides of buildings for hiding in and keeping cool

And manhole covers for 1st and 3rd, gutters for floating popsicle stick boats, and bush 'forts' on the sides of buildings for hiding in and keeping cool
    And traffic light buttons for entertainment, elm tree root formations suitable for mixing mud, removable fire hydrant shut off valve covers for storing sticks, green mail boxes with locking doors for climbing / sitting on, trees with peeling bark for catching caterpillars to put in old baby food jars with holes punched out of the lids with hammer and nail, ...

And traffic light buttons for entertainment, elm tree root formations suitable for mixing mud, removable fire hydrant shut off valve covers for storing sticks, green mail boxes with locking doors for climbing / sitting on, trees with peeling bark for catching caterpillars to put in old baby food jars with holes punched out of the lids with hammer and nail, ...
    Horse Chestnut trees to climb, and maples and oaks to collect leaves from and press between sheets of waxed paper with bits of orange and red crayons, and violets and dandelions to make bouquets tied together with long blades of grass.

Horse Chestnut trees to climb, and maples and oaks to collect leaves from and press between sheets of waxed paper with bits of orange and red crayons, and violets and dandelions to make bouquets tied together with long blades of grass.
    Clotheslines, pins and blankets for backyad tents, the blacktop for right handed batting only and the hoops on fences which doubled as backstops for hockey.

Comic books and rubberbands, ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQqyDj7RX6Y

Clotheslines, pins and blankets for backyad tents, the blacktop for right handed batting only and the hoops on fences which doubled as backstops for hockey.

Comic books and rubberbands, ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQqyDj7RX6Y
    and remember, this was all done IN DETROIT!!!!!!!

Home-made "Skateboards" by using a Skate "Key" to disassemble to skate and nail 1/2 onto one side of a board and the other 1/2 on the back. Down the driveway - the the grass insert in between the 2 cement "lanes" - and up onto the driveway across the street!

Couldn't help but think that the life at St. Jude that many of us had the privilege to be raised in was due to the support and love of our fathers. HAPPY belated FATHERS DAY.
    Last edited by kellyroad; June-22-10 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kellyroad View Post
    Couldn't help but think that the life at St. Jude that many of us had the privilege to be raised in was due to the support and love of our fathters. HAPPY belated FATHERS DAY.

AMEN to that KR!!

Agreed!!!! In addition to being raised by wonderful, loving Dads, I remember well, how they all worked together AT St. Jude to aid the Parish in all Festivals and Scouting/Sports endeavors!

There's an interesting topic being discussed in another forum, and I was wondering if you all remember going on field trips at St. Jude. I think I remember going to Cranbrook to the Planetarium in 6th or 7th grade and also to Henry Ford Museum at about the same time. Do any of you remember those trips or any others that you went on from SJS?

There's an interesting topic being discussed in another forum, and I was wondering if you all remember going on field trips at St. Jude. I think I remember going to Cranbrook to the Planetarium in 6th or 7th grade and also to Henry Ford Museum at about the same time. Do any of you remember those trips or any others that you went on from SJS?
    i remember going to a planetarium, but don't remember which one. also remember greenfield village or detroit historical museum - can't remember which. also went to a farm up north where I proved to a nun i knew how to milk a cow. still can't figure how that cow squirted on her. and, yes, there were the movies at the ramona.

I remember going to the zoo - when zoo keys still worked. Mom didn't drive, but a neighbor helped us out, so Mom was the "duty Mom" for a car full. We didn't have a school bus, so the Moms that drove had to take us to our field trip.

I also remember our 8th grade trip to Edgewater. I think it was our end of the year picnic. CFG, ZZ, do you guys remember that trip?

No, I don't remember going to Edgewater......the only picnics I remember were at Heilman's . Z, you?

Quote Originally Posted by Campfire Girl View Post
    No, I don't remember going to Edgewater......the only picnics I remember were at Heilman's . Z, you?
    I only remeber going to Edgewater one time and that was with the family. I think we went to the Zoo in 8th grade

Maybe it was Bob-Lo? I know you were there, Z. Could have been a choir picnic?

I remember a class trip to Stoney Creek. Had a blast there.

One kid did not show up on time for the ride back, but I don't think we got held up too long before we left without him.

Maybe it was Bob-Lo? I know you were there, Z. Could have been a choir picnic?
    Now it could have been that JC. I do seem to recall the trip to Bob-Lo

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    Now it could have been that JC. I do seem to recall the trip to Bob-Lo
    Hell, it's only been 40 yrs; we should remember it like yesterday

Hell, it's only been 40 yrs; we should remember it like yesterday
    I usually remember stuff better from 40 years ago than yesterday for some reason