It seems as if this thread is perfectly designed for me to respond to. I happen to be a WSU Finance major in the School of Business and Administration. Also, I am an employee of campus village at cass avenue.

To respond about the parking lot - indeed this is owned and operated by WSU. it is temporarily being used at parking, however within a few years the new Business school will be constructed on that parcel of land.

As for Ernie and Campus Village.... the company as a whole is a disaster. However, they've done the best they could to invest as little as possible in their Detroit location. the buildings are wonderful and iconic, however Campus Village puts little effort into upkeeping them. The foundations are crumbling/sinking, the majority of the units are sub par, laundry areas are disgusting, un kept and often out of order. It takes the company weeks to fix major repairs [[tenants went 2 weeks without hot water in the Verona - Campus Village didn't even call out a plumber to fix the problem until the end of the 2 weeks).

Many of their other properties in the suburban communities are new and shiny [[however the ownership still sucks). This is what I;ve heard from other employees who visit the Detroit location now and then.

Corporate cares very little about the Detroit location and I will be amazed if they ever put any money into the location - let alone build new