Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 50 of 432 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 60 100 150 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Here's a couple for OG in particular and anyone else who remembers Otis Spann Memorial Field, former home of the Ann Arbor Blues and Jazz Fest. The first photo is taken from where you would be standing [[looking west) if you just entered the festival site. It's the east end of the field and is now a parking lot for Beamers and Land Rovers of Huron High School students [[snark). The second photo is taken from where OG was standing [[??????) guard, with the help of a few hits of window pane, a couple of Pfeiffer GIQ's, and a jar of Tui's, over the back gate, or performers and vendors entrance. OG was looking east from here, if he could keep his eyes open. The third photo is looking north at the woods [[still there) that ran along the fence. This is where freaks strung up hammocks and built platforms in the trees to watch the shows without paying admission. It became a village in itself and actually the best seats in the house - so to speak.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; May-09-09 at 12:54 AM.

1Kd...wow ..I knew Tom Burns also..One afternoon we did a TV show at the brewery[[circa 1993)..I was the cameraman...Went thru the Whole brewing process...So after completing the shoot we sat down for a couple hours and Had a real tasting...what a day that was...saw Tom many times before his death..Had my last beer with him at Tom's Oyster Bar..May his soul rest in Peace

1Kiel...I am recieving such an education from you ! How are you friend?
    We will all have to meet down at the brewery soon!
    Everybody have a great day! xoxoxoxo

Default OK Mike

John Mike , and a few others were inspired by you to take up photography . Shortly before Mike passed he gave me his photo gear ,a 1974 Canon F1 and several lenses that I still use. I dont take a picture without thinking of OK. Mike and I were working on race horse projects when he got sick. He is missed by a lot of people. One thing that always impressed me about mike is he always had time to talk to anyone be it the street people or banker.

OK Mike had a grasp on wisdom. RIP

glee' I talked to crowbar and he is asking david La Flame to come in my place ,he is over in London now for a woodstock get together, the largest in the world.Here is the: best" to stillrocking Love ya Hoover rr

"Oklahoma" Mike Witt

Attachment 913 Attachment 912
    Last edited by stnfrnt; July-08-10 at 05:04 PM.

Larry, that one on the right of Mike, when was that from?

Gus, didn't you and Mike have race horse projects going when you were living in Detroit, like betting on the ponies every day?

OG.....that's from 71-72 Christmas. It's a cropped photo taken in the library of the mansion. Full pic is too high on the kb scale.

One time I gave Mike $5 to put on Sunny Freedom to win at 10:1. He never got to the window in time to place my bet. He gave me $50 out of his pocket. Can you spell HONOR?

This is still one of my favorites of you guys.
    Attachment 914
    Last edited by old guy; August-08-09 at 03:20 PM.

If You guys bet the races then did you ever bet Alhambra Son or Alhambra Gal..DRC ,Hazel Park ...they were my buddys Dad..We use to horse sit to make sure nobody threw some Bad Sugar in the stall...68-71 ish..Son won the Michigan Mile a couple of times..Long time ago!!!!

Rocknrona check this out if you know sombody that knows D...Laflamme..tell him Dave from [[Prem Nagar) 72 says hi

Check this out

http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=3536149

Margie, I would absolutely love having a drink with you, as I'm sure Whaler and Dgrrl would also, maybe even before the big event, if we can work it out. So far, Whaler, Dgrrl and I have proposed an afternoon at the market, but my schedule is holding us back. I'm working on it. We'll call or email you if it looks likely to happen.

Are we still talking about LaFlamme of 'It's a Beautiful Day' fame? What an awesome group they were. Had many a trip with their music.

I have a picture of Sunny Freedom with OK Mike and Breeze at the finish we won 300 dollars I remember he was a horse who liked the mud. I'll bring the photo with me. firstlady

Yeah Whaler, Tommy Burns was one of my best friends before his early and unexpected demise. I met him through our mutual friend and fellow 'Player' [[the men's theatre club on East Jefferson) Tom, of Tom's Oyster Bar, who also happened to frequent the Gar Wood and Fruehauf Mansions. I may've been at the film shoot you spoke of. I was at the Detroit & Mackinac Brewery [[predecessor of the MCBW) often with Tommy, John, Steve and Ben. Contrary to anything Tom of the Oyster Bar might tell you, I cracked the first legal barrel of Detroit & Mackinac beer at my place. Yes, Tom was serving [[legally???) Tommy's beer before I was, but I was with Tommy Burns when he got the word from the Michigan Liquor Control Commission that he could legally sell his beers. We jumped up and down in celebration and loaded a barrell in my truck. As I was cracking it at my place, I called the Oyster Bar and spoke to Tommy and Tom and they hadn't even unloaded the beer yet. He was a great guy and I still miss him. We'll talk more about him when we get together at Eastern market and the reunion.

OG....looks like Mike and I were wide awake for that photo.

A2_dj just dropped me back at my crib. We spent the last couple hours going over as much as we could both remember about those good old days in Michigan. He looks and sounds great! Found a corner coffee shop down in Westwood Village and kicked it. Bruin coeds galore!! Candy, put a rush on Homeboy's makeover and bring him on out here. Hey, my reunion started already!

Default What happened to the bet

STONE I have the rest of the story about that bet . Mike never told me you had money on that race. Ill talk to you at the party and fill you in on the rest of that story. It shows the integrity of the man. Mike would have been so up for this event , I cant help believe he would miss it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler View Post
    Rocknrona check this out if you know sombody that knows D...Laflamme..tell him Dave from [[Prem Nagar) 72 says hi

Check this out

http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/tm.aspx?m=3536149
    Ya I will send it along crowbar talks to him and his wife alot, should hear something back by Sunday rr[[prem Nagar) in India Ya?? near the Ganges River?? rr

Hey Sug.....any progress with that song you have on tape?

Hey firstlady.......spent some time with Peter tonight over in Westwood. Sure was nice. See if you can come up some time and have lunch. We can watch Homeboy WOW all the coeds`over there at UCLA. Should be fun.

I am so incredibly proud to be part of you guys.
    FirstLady...please post more often.
    1Kiel..any morning between 9-11 or afernoon from 12:30-2:30 would be perfect for me...
    but I will work out whatever, yes, before the reunion.
    Gleeman has to come too!
    Hover...How your everything ? xoxoxox

Hey Hoover the Mover.......sunny and clear, high in the mid 70s. UCLA coeds, bikinis, girls' volleyball at the beach...........right Gash?

Attachment 918 Attachment 917
    Last edited by stnfrnt; May-12-09 at 03:29 PM.

I would like to do some sort of collage of OKLAHOMA but need photos...I think there was one way long ago with him on a horse...can anyone send me photos at garymarkley@wowway.com as big as your computer will let you email as attachments...thanks... Gus or O.G. - photos with or around horses, or riding, or just in a bar or at the Wood.....wherever ....

Gleeman - what are you up to now?!?!?

Hey everyone - just another reminder. If you need a hotel room at our special rate, you have to make your reservations by May 15. Send me a note, and I'll send you the number to phone.

There are only a few rooms left.............

Page 50 of 432 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 60 100 150 ... LastLast