Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 279 of 432 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 289 329 379 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,975 of 10776

Thread: Garwood Mansion

Ya`ll won`t believe just whose Casbah he really is presiding over....I`ll bet he has to play "you can`t touch this" at least twice.
    Last edited by highhat; April-02-10 at 11:29 PM.

Default Woodsian Lore

...Another flash: Joe brought his boat down to the river to venture closer to the Spirit of Detroit thunderboat races..we got to the Roostertail but were turned away...we came back to the roar of the thunderboats Man they were *%&#~! .loud.. ..in those days the engines were Allison airplane motors and by God they shook the earth within 50 yds of the water....the millionaire just to the north of us brought out lawn funiture to watch the "woodsians" swim in the canal . As the day got hotter so did the scenery...blatant nakedness reared its beautiful head..... the poor Rich bastard had a heart attack....ambulance and rescue people showed up and carted him away.
    Last edited by highhat; April-03-10 at 01:08 AM.

Larry put it this way I won't be going to the men room tonight. I got my play list for tonight off of Zippy juke box.

D.J. -------------

I checked the Skipper's Hamtown jukebox playlist on the web site. Very esoteric. BUT......the Buena Vista Social Club is on there, and that is way cool.

I think skipper should add Jake Shimabukuro and Makana to his jukebox, to help enhance that tropical feel of Hamtramck
    Last edited by graynoodle; April-03-10 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stillrockin View Post
    Larry put it this way I won't be going to the men room tonight. I got my play list for tonight off of Zippy juke box.

D.J. -------------
    From 1KielsonDrive. Dear Hoopty, should be a very good night for you. When all the partiers ask about your most excellent selection of music, you have my permission to tell them, it's from Zippy's Juke Box, and they can check it out at www.skippershamtown.com. Thanks for the good words. One of the world's great DJ's helping an up and coming bar owner. Yours, 1KielsonDrive.

Quote Originally Posted by stnfrnt View Post
    I checked the Skipper's Hamtown jukebox playlist on the web site. Very esoteric. BUT......the Buena Vista Social Club is on there, and that is way cool.
    Yeah Stoney, got it after seeing the movie about BVSC at the DIA quite a few years ago. Always savored that movie and the album.

It was raining men tonight.

Hoover is Stillrockin

1kd......Ry Cooder was the force behind that movie. Pretty good guitarist in his own right. I loved the movie/documentary myself. Great stuff. DK is probably hip to those guys. I mentioned them here long ago.

Default Left alone

Some think the music that benavista came up with was possiblle because they were isolated on that island.
    So,
    The music developed on it's own without the influence of the us comerical. Interests.
    I loved the documentary about themm as well as the music.

What?....NO Third Power ? ..Honestly the most impressive and diverse collection I`ve ever seen compiled. ....My hat is off to you Nolan R...

Quote Originally Posted by highhat View Post
    What?....NO Third Power ? ..Honestly the most impressive and diverse collection I`ve ever seen compiled. ....My hat is off to you Nolan R...
    Thank you highhat. I'd love to have Third Power, Sunday Funnies [[I still have a vinyl album of theirs), The Up, Brownsville Station, Wilson Mower Pursuit, Frut, Fridgid Pink and all of the great groups from Detroit, not to mention some of the great R&B acts ; Smokey, The Temps, The Contours, The Originals and others too numerous to mention. I only have 100 slots on the box, so I have to do the 'Soupy Shuffle' just to get all the listed albums on and off. But I am constantly working on it.

[quote=highhat;134388]
    ".......my nephew,

The key words here are "my nephew".........no miss-step here.[/quote ] You are correct,sire,....Blood is always thicker than water...unless it`s Lake Erie.
    Blood 52 - Not 50 ...Go Butler beat the Dukies!

congratulations Stn, welcome to Duke...

Get rid of the Gay show tunes.

Hoover

Default Pals

It`s a beautiful day here in Fla. Please recognize what He has done for us... Have a safe and wonderful time this day.

Ruth says she can still do the Soupy Shuffle.

congratulations stn, at least it was a good game to watch[[ mi.st.-butler). the duke game i turned off early, pretty much knew the ending early on. i guess i'll join the butler band wagon.....GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!

Jem Targal from the Third Power was at the reunion last June.

Hoover

Tom hope you break out today.

Hoover

I have Jem e-mail if any body wants it.

Hoover

Happy Easter, Stillrockin. Did you get to color some eggs? Here at 'The Home' we were up all night chasing chickens around the bingo room trying to get some eggs so we could paint em' up. Old 'Loopy Leroy' [[real person) lost control of his wheelchair [[fell asleep) and ran over seven chickens. Killed em' dead. We only had eight so we gave up. Dinner is at 5:00p. We're having hot dogs. Something ain't right, here.

1kd......Ry Cooder was the force behind that movie. Pretty good guitarist in his own right. I loved the movie/documentary myself. Great stuff. DK is probably hip to those guys. I mentioned them here long ago.
    My Dad had a comporable group to Buena Vista Social Club. A bunch of Cubans that he helped out to get to Detroit for jobs after Castro took every thing from them. They all happened to be musicians and singers so we would all meet out at Kensington Park to jam on the weekends and serenade the people there. Ole!

I'm having turkey pot pie,

What came first the chicken or the egg??

Quote Originally Posted by graynoodle View Post
    I think skipper should add Jake Shimabukuro and Makana to his jukebox, to help enhance that tropical feel of Hamtramck
    I would like cold blood with Lidia Pence on the play list, I don't know high hat what L O is? Santa Cruz Mts and Beach for me some Doobie Brothers.