Quote Originally Posted by caspermi View Post
I grew up in that area in the 60's and 70's and a few places come to mind.
- Michno's Cafe on the corner of Central and St. Stephens
- The Softball Bar on the corner of Freer and St John
- bar on the corner of Central and St John [[can't remember name)
- Who could forget the 52nd Show Bar on Michigan and 52nd. Remember as kid the ad in front for 'Antoinette the MonkeyLady". I was eight when the Tigers won the World Series in '68 and people were celebrating on Michigan Ave. A friend and I dared each other and we went into the place and each got a bag of chips and I still remember the gal dancing on stage at the time.
- There was a bar next to Piaskowski Drugs on Michigan that had a shuffleboard table game that we played on many times.
- I think it was the El Dorado Bar on the corner of Michigan and Livernois. Used to stop in and buy french fries in their restaurant on the way home from Boys Club.
- Don't know the name, but there was a go-go bar on the north side of Michigan between Martin and Livernois that had a series of torches on the front of the building. I remember driving past at night with my dad and the front was lit with the flaming torches.

Here are some other businesses that come to mind;
-White Tower Burgers on Central and Michigan. Cunninghams-later DOTS drugs, Neisners Dime Store, A clothing store next to a jewelery store [[can't remember names), Plizga Shoes, Jaworski's Deli, Piaskowski Drugs, Darpol Travel, 5 and 10 Dime Store, Sgt Russ Barbershop, Polys Hardware, Gniewak Trophy Shop, a hardware store on 52nd and Michigan, Banner Grocery and right next door was a magazine store where I bought many a comic book.

I'd like others to share memories of the area.
The bar on the corner of Central & St. John was the called Sly's Saloon when I lived in Detroit. I left home in 1982.