Quote Originally Posted by Toronto99 View Post
Thanks for your quick response Dave.

I was wondering if you could fill me in on the overall feeling amongst the people of Windsor these days.

Obviously I know the state of the economy and unemployment rate, I read a real sad feature on the economy of Windsor in the Toronto Star a year ago and its effect on the people...but what its like for you on a day to day basis. I guess I don't want to move into an area where everyone is depressed...but who knows, the economy here is doing okay but everyone in this city is pretty miserable.
Windsor and Metro Detroit is all about who you know and what circles you hang around with. You can experience everything Toronto has in this area. You can go to Somerset Mall in Troy [[a suburb of Metro Detroit) and spend 15 minutes to find parking just to see the exact same stores you'd see on Rodeo Drive and spend $950.00 on one dress shirt at Nieman Marcus. Bob Zuckelman, a Windsor resident, returned his $1.75m Veyron to the Bugatti dealership in Troy a few months ago because it was a 2008 not 2009. Every day, you'll probably see one Ferrari owner whipping around the corner. Windsor has golf courses that charge a $40,000 initiation fee, yacht clubs that charge $20,000 to join, and there's also publicly owned ones that are a lot less. You have as many wineries in the area as the Niagara Region. You have the second largest bowling alley in Windsor. Canada's largest indoor paintball arena in Windsor. Amazing parks. Tonnes of nighclubs Lot's of classical architecture. A beautiful riverfront. It has everything. It's probably the most poorly marketed city in the country.

There's lots of people who are doing very well in this city and there's lots who are not. If you hang around with welfare cases in downtown, you're gonna get depressed. If you live in Gundy Park, South Windsor or Russell Woods, Tecumseh, you're gonna meet the right kind of people and have a much better experience. It's the same everywhere. It's all about the people you choose to associate with which will determine the kind of experience you're gonna get from this area. Metro Detroit/Windsor has over 5million people. They continue to live in this area because it has something for everyone.