I came to Detroit in 2001 from the far North Eastside after my employer transferred my job assignment to Taylor to be closer to work. I originally worked out of the Gibraltar Trade Center North selling Elephant Ears, but after some promotions, my boss needed me to increase sales in Taylor so I transferred. I have been there ever since.

Originally purchased a renovated apartment condo in Woodbridge because of the impeccable reputation of the builder's character and the quality of his craftsmanship, along with the limitless growth value of the property combined with the guaranteed tax abatements. [[no brainer) All that, and of course the ease and maintenance free living that condo life allows.

Bought a house in Corktown in 2005 because I was told I could make $10k renting it out for the Super Bowl. Purchased the vacant lot next door a few years later because I didn't want to get priced out after Tiger Stadium came down and the subsequent rush of lot owner's selling off all of their vacant land to developers who would start building brand new large, infill homes.

I stay mainly because crime is virtually nonexistent, cheap insurance, the Dequindre Cut, and the Cooley Family's Slows BBQ.