20 Gauge Mossberg is better for women, less recoil, more compact. Bird shot for warning, less lethal. Or the real deal XX if warning ceiling shot does not deter [[you can do variable loads in the same gun of course). If you are going to do a long gun, make sure you go to a qualified legal gun range for training and handling, but you know that.... Michigan is a hunting state and fairly gun friendly, especially regarding long guns for home protection for those who choose that route. Some do, some don't.
Quote Originally Posted by MJCMEX View Post
12 gauge: Got it. I am just waiting for the white sales to pass and going down to a sporting goods store to pick one up.

Grew up in a pro gun pro hunting family. I shot my first pistol at 5, but I am a bit out of practice with hand guns. I agree that shotguns make the best home defense weapons.

Nothing says "get the hell out of my house" like the sound of that pump.

Here in Nevada the laws about weapons are wide open, more like an old west state than "left coast" as you put it. You can even buy a machine gun out here.

What are the firearm laws like in Michigan. Isn't it kind of a liberal state?

Good to hear that about Bing. I am a big basketball fan. If I were into pro football nothing could drag me to Detroit but at least you've got a decent basketball team with a few championships to its name.

Thanks