Quote Originally Posted by darwinism View Post
Personally, I just bought a 2009 Chevy Malibu ..... one of the most "American" vehicle around. And I bought the car before June 1, 2009 - so, GM was still very much an American company at that point in time, although very much tethering on demise nonetheless.

Jared9903, glad that you are committed to buying American automobiles. And when you make such declarations, please be prepared to go to a showroom and sign on the dotted line for a new vehicle, because buying a used American car doesn't really help the cause. As mentioned above, your only option is Ford right now. Let us know when you drive home your 2010 model Ford, Jared9903.

Ladies and gentlemen, you see, I hear from many, many die-hard hard-core American car enthusiasts every single day. But at the end of the day, these folks are just all talk. That's all they do, they swear their devotions to American cars, but guess what ..... they don't put their money where their mouths are.

When I bought the 2009 Malibu, the car saleswoman thanked me over and over for choosing a Chevrolet. She said that too many people are just talkers. She is absolutely right, chances are most of the folks right here on DetroitYes who proclaimed that they will never buy foreign, and that they will always buy American ..... well, they are the same people who shop at Wal-Mart, the Dollar Store and driving a pre-2000 GM, Chrysler or Ford vehicle that they bought USED. So much for being pro-domestic cars, posers. In case it is not already obvious enough, from Toolbox and terryh above, the unions are quite the hypocrites.
Let me rephrase then, when I buy a car, I JUST did, I want it to be from the Big 3. I dont care if GM sells Pontiacs in Canada and Mexico. They started in Michigan, I am proud of our history, and I want the money I spent to go towards the companies that began a few miles from my house. Just because the taillights were made in France or whereever, it doesnt make it foreign because it supports an american company.
Sure a Honda Accord may be made in Torrence, California, but when you put down your money on that car, the money goes straight to the excecutives in the Honda Headquarters in Japan.
With our state doing as poorly as it is now with employment rates, I want to do what I can.