I'm happy to see more of the surface parking lots in Troy get developed. However, I really wish more mixed-use developments were proposed in Troy.

Developer explores putting large office project next to Troy's tallest building

Kojaian Management Corp., run by C. Michael Kojaian, has submitted plans to construct a seven-story office building with almost 258,000 square feet and four-story parking deck with more than 1,000 spaces on what is now surface parking for the 25-story PNC Center west of I-75 and just south of West Big Beaver Road. A 5,000-square-foot retail building would also be built on the site, which is 20 acres, according to Troy Planning Commission documents from last month.

PNC Center — the city's tallest building — was developed as the Top of Troy. Built in the 1970s by Kojaian, it sits in a federally designated Opportunity Zone, which gives investors in Qualified Opportunity Funds appealing breaks on their capital gains taxes.

Tony Antone, executive vice president for Kojaian, said the company is working to get the site approved for the possible build-to-suit headquarters-style building before going to market seeking a user.

"We're not building this spec," Antone said, industry shorthand for speculative building, which is when a developer constructs a building without any tenants identified.
https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...ext-pnc-center