Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

[QUOTE=Trumpeteer;628899]
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

I NEVER said anything about you "not living in Detroit". I said you apparently had never been to Belle Isle. Keep it up Richard you're making a lot of friends here. Maybe find a DiscussFlorida site??
    You seem to be confused,it is discuss Detroit and not discuss Florida and the ultimate goal in the bigger picture everybody in the country should be concerned about Detroit,because much to your dismay it is a part of the bigger picture.

I am not here to make friends or find a date and it does not matter if I am there or 5000 miles away,Detroit was an international city one of few in the country.

Florida is doing just fine,and a Discuss Florida site would be filled with people talking about how the state is being ruined by everybody fleeing from up north and bringing their sprawl and anti transit bs right along with them.

I prefer to go directly to the sourse,the better Detroit becomes the more people will move there and help contribute and the better the country becomes as a whole and the less people will be fleeing to Florida.

I do not need to step foot on Belle isle to understand its importance to the city and residents and that is all that matters.

You are not dealing with anything new,just repeating the mistakes that cities made years ago with scorch and burn urban renewal,they payed a heavy price for that and some never recovered,personally I prefer not to see that happen in Detroit it does not matter if I am 1200 miles away,the city is an important part of this countries history and it needs to be preserved so future generations can also see and feel that.

Yes those buildings in Detroit are for Detroiters and nobody else’s business,but those buildings are also a part of this country’s history,they tell a story not only of Detroit but of the country.

So if you got a problem with that,o well that’s your problem and nobody else’s,the bigger picture trumps your personal feelings about others.

I view Detroit as a whole as a cultural asset to the county and should be treated and preserved as such,it touched not only this country but it played a major role in changing the world.

Fiat is in Detroit now,did you know the last time Fiat was in Detroit was when a young auto manufacturer came to Detroit and met with Henry Ford so he could learn about the assembly line process that Henry ford had just implemented,he went back to Italy and instantly became the largest auto manufacturer in the country once he implemented Fords assembly line process.

Which by default made him the most powerful person behind the scenes that shaped the future of Italy in the process.

Every city in the country has historical buildings that tell the history of how that city was built.

Detroit’s buildings tell the history of not only how the city was shaped but they also played a role in shaping not only the country, but the world.

That is the difference.

Detroit is different then any other city in the country,when a building like this is demolished you are not just demolishing a run down building that is not worth fixing.

You are demolishing a part of the world’s history,that’s like saying the Eiffel tower needs to be demolished because it has some rust in it,but even the Eiffel Tower did not play the role on the world stage as that derelict movie theater in Detroit did,not even close.
    Last edited by Richard; October-10-22 at 06:11 PM.