First of all - is it Meatloaf or Meat Loaf? That was a debate that goes back as far as the Vest Pocket Theater days of 1971. "Meat" - that's what his girlfriend at the time called him, was still working that out. I thought he had settled on Meat Loaf. And that's how it appeared in the theater program for "Hair: America's Tribal Love Rock Musical." [[someone will have an old program and prove me right or wrong.) Meat Loaf had one of the leads in the show, along with a Detroiter, Bruce Govan. Stay with me - this is cute: At one point in the show the cast jumps off the stage [[or maybe they took steps) and ran up the aisles to the back of the house. From there Meat Loaf would jog out to the lobby where I worked with his girlfriend [[Jill?), and plant a kiss on her cheek, [[ "Ahh, Meat!) and then sprint back into the theater, with his Texas football lineman's body. Cute, right? "Meat" and Jill were together through the run of the show - but after that? There were a number of strays that that formed a loosely knit cadres at the VP. I was an assistant, assistant, house manager, who would take Bobby Nederlander's Thunderbird and drive downtown to make a night deposit of that days take. I wanted to hang out with the cast but never got the chance [[Thanks, Jill) "Meat" was full of himself in those days. I think he imagined being very near the brass ring at that Detroit-moment. Big man, big talent. R.I.P.