Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Rivertown and Greektown were both defuncted for the same reason. That was my point. And to reiterate, Greektown is an absurd name for what exists on Monroe St. these days. Just as Midtown is a ridiculous name for the Cass Corridor. And yes, I responded to an old post rather than starting a new one on the same topic.
    OK, I wasn't sure if you knew it was that old... I've seen people restart old forum arguments where not only were the original posts were so old, but the original posters were no longer on DYES to argue with.

But I do disagree with you on Midtown and Cass Corridor. Midtown is a much larger segment of central Detroit than Cass Corridor ever was. Cass Corridor was always just the section along Cass Avenue. Whereas Midtown includes sections of the city that were never part of the Cass Corridor... such as the Cultural Center, Medical Center, WSU, and Brush Park.

Cass Corridor had a bad reputation, drugs, crime and decay... so I'm glad that it was rebranded, and today the area is broken up into Midtown Cass Park [[Ilitchville) and Midtown North Cass, although those names are not often referred to.
    Attached Images Attached Images