Many people are in need of money in these difficult times, right? What better time to attack with scams offering free money than now. Tonight I had my second such attack via Facebook and as you can see they are real persons, not bots. So beware and as the saying goes, "If it's too good to be true, it probably isn't."

The first one occurred a few days ago. The perpetrator had created a bogus account with the identical name as my brother. [yep you can create a FB account with any name]. So when I received the first greeting I was caught off guard. However this isn't my first rodeo so I decided to listen to his pitch.
============

Hello Lowell

Me -> Hi [Brother's name]

How’s life treating you Lowell?

Me -> We’re doing good. How bout you?

Me: I’m doing great thanks, glad to hear from you I was wondering if you got the good news yet about UNDEF in collaboration with Corona IRS Fund ?!

Me -> What is UNDEF? [Antennas go up]

The United Nations Democracy Fund is a grant program meant for people who need assistance in paying bills, medical bills, buying of new home, home repair, starting and financing of business, paying of debt or credit card debt, provide funds for disables and elderly people. Are you informed?

Me -> No. Why do you ask. [Now I’m certain it isn’t my brother]

I got a check of $50,000.00 from them after i applied, i thought you already knew about it. Should I help you with their information so that you can apply for it?

Me -> Wow. [Now I know it’s a scam]

Should I help you with their information Lowell ?

Me -> Sure

Click on this link right now htps://m.facebook. com/UNDEF.org00 like his page and message him you want to claim your grant prize, he will text you back once he gets your message

Me -> Thanks. That’s all I have to do?

Yes let me know how it goes do that now

Did you get in touch yet ?

Me -> The link doesn’t seem to work. It just spins and spins. Is it correct?

Me -> What should I do? I sure could use that money.

You can text him 203 646-6467 his name is Mr Donald tell him you want to claim your grant prize. He will reply your text once he get it

Yes it really helped during this lockdown I didn’t expect it

Me -> I hear you. I think my internet connection is acting up. It comes and goes. My phone is out of range right now. Dang.

Lol I can see you are not interested in this, why not say and stop bothering. Was just thinking it could be of use for you

Me -> I am. I just can’t get through. I need this.

So you can’t text too ?

Me -> No I’m out of range just now.

Me -> On my mom’s WiFi up north.

Me -> I’m going to try when I get back home. Thanks for letting me know!

I talked to the agent that helped he said you should have received message on your Facebook maybe your filtered box

So maybe they got one of their agent to message you, did you get any new message?

Me: They did. Thanks but I don’t know what I can do until I get in cell range or a better WiFi.

Me -> [At this point I had received a Facebook message from another person, but the message then disappeared. Unfortunately I didn’t time to check out the profile of that accomplice.]

Okay but least you can reply

Me -> Okay.

Enjoy the rest of the day.

Me: I saw her message now it’s gone. What happened?

Lol yes the message you sent now too is gone. What happened?

Me -> Must be mom’s ancient WiFi acting up again

Me -> [Here I stopped responding… had other things to do. I did report the profile.]

Chat Conversation End