Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

I was trying to find NYC buildings that had large fancy interiors like the Guardian and Fisher Buildings do [[maybe even the David Whitney).

The Empire State Building lobby is mainly unadorned marble of different colors. Chrysler Building has fancy elevator doors, but the lobby is pretty tame. Rockefeller Center had its' Diego Rievera murals ripped out, with a dull replacement. I know the Wolworth Building has a nice interior... as does the Barclay Vessey near ground zero... but I can't find anything quite as fancy as the Guardian and Fisher.

Of course these NYC towers [[except for the 1913 Woolworth's and 1923 Barclay-Vessey Buildings) were built after the stock market crash, and Art Deco was heading for the streamlined version.
    Last edited by Gistok; April-06-19 at 02:16 AM.