Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Two different senaios,one is now in a position where he is accountable to everybody and another that was a private business which should have the right to refuse service to whom they choose.

Chick fillet is a private business that closes on sundays because of religious beliefs,should the government force them to open on sundays?

But Colorado brings us Rocky Mountain high,so there is that aspect.

But this is identity politics and divisive,him being gay should not matter,the two Muslim women that won,the women that won.

They all touted that part and in essence separated themselves from everybody else.

The one lady said exactly that,I am a Muslim woman and I am here,who cares if she is a woman or Muslim,she should be saying,I won because the voters felt that I was the best person for the job and trust me to look after everybody’s best interests.

Otherwise it looks like she got the job just because of what she was and not who she is.

Did the voters,vote him in because he was openly gay,or because they felt that he was the best man for the job?

A number of points you raise about identity politics are valid, IMO. The only b problem is your first two paragraphs are buggy.

You cannot compare the two businesses you cite, one for closing on sundays and one refusing to serve a customer on religious or moral grounds. The baker refused to bake a wedding cake for a gay couple. What if that same gay man had gone to buy a gun at a gun store? Would they be in their right to refuse him a service based on sexual preference?

And while we're at it; cell Phone or car purchase, Richard? lol