Television is such a powerful medium, that when I react as strongly about a personality, as I do about Lawyer Mike Morse, I have to stop and challenge myself as to why I'm having such a strong visceral response to this guy? Is it me? Or is it Mike? Or is it the medium?

The pixilation of Mike Morse on my Sony just doesn't help his image, in my minds eye at all. I do not know the man. I have never done business with his firm. Nor do I know anyone personally who has had any dealing with him. But the dude makes my skin crawl!

He is certainly an eager beaver when it comes to ferreting out potential clients. But these settlements that he and his competitors are apparently getting for just about everyone - really? So, that is the first thing that doesn't ring true. But my distaste for Mike Morse goes much deeper. It begins with his mother; a proud, loving woman to be sure - but when I first saw her appear in one of her son's commercials fondly fondling the memories of the unblemished, apple cheeked boy who was her little Mikey, well, I just went ashen and my jaw slackened, and bile poured forth from my gaping mouth.

And this latest story arc where "Mike gives back to the community" - well, yes there he is, in some black family's home, "giving back" - but I'm not buying it. He registers with me as being a smarmy, unctuous, new age ambulance chaser who just brings out the shivers in me! Let me hold Mickey York's water bottle in the 1-800-CALL SAM studio, or give me the highly entertaining Carl Collins III, any day of the week, but please, dear Lord, banish MIKE MORSE to the brier patch of ignoble television lawyers! PLEASE!