Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    A compelling argument, but why is that system NOT used by the majority of the first world industrial countries of the world already ?

And that system will bankrupt a family for a lifetime.

The foremost complainers of social medicine use it. [[Congress, State Legislature).

Well,.. most other countries don't have the AMA [[which is essentially a protectionist union for doctors and the drug companies).

And,.. most all other countries don't have high fructose corn syrup subsidized by their corrupt government,. and most countries don't allow the dumping of poison into food [[like Aspartame), and most countries don't allow GMO foods. Also,. in nearly every other country,. cures for disease are legal. [[Which is why you see people with means like Gordie Howe and Jimmy Carter leaving the country when they're ill).

As a result,. people are generally a lot thinner and healthier. Visit France, China, etc,.. eat all day it seems,... and when you return home,.. you've lost 10 lbs.

Even still,.. health care costs in other countries are still high,.. It's just they they aren't an option like they used to be here,... as the costs are rolled into taxes.

Our Fed income tax rate for individuals making $75k a year is 15%. In France it's 30%. So that's an extra $11,250 in taxes, which cover's their "free" healthcare.

Most young males for instance don't need much of any healthcare. From the end of grade school until I was in my 40's,.. I never went to a doctor. Hadn't had a checkup in 30 years. I did have some catastrophic coverage in case of emergency,.. but I had a high deductible,.. and I didn't have per-natal coverage, or a prescription plan,.. so it was cheap,.. and that allowed me to get ahead of the curve financially,.. invest in a small rental property,. start a small business etc. That will be harder now, and people will be poorer.
    Last edited by Bigdd; August-07-16 at 10:32 AM.