I welcome most diversions of topics, yet, I'm going to side with bust and Now&then. That notice is just plain silly, and yes, it hearkens very much to what I posted in Urban Myths & Legends [[citing from snopes) about "warnings" that gangs are going to shoot women at gas stations in Flint and Michigan. Again, please read:
"The Culture of Fear: Why Americans Are Afraid of the Wrong Things" by Glassner

Yet, sadly, the thread at large can't die, because there are more details:

If there is anything I have to thank Matt for posting this, is that it gave me the hotfoot to follow up on recent events in Ferguson. Seems a peaceful sit-in protest by Black Lives Matter led to arrests [[including a reverend and someone from Detroit), despite that there were no shots, lootings, or property damage [[though mysterious gunfire was heard the previous night at another demonstration). http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0923c12bdb0a2Sorry for the Huffpo link, but this is overshadowed by their reports of a different [[and far less civilly mature) demonstration in Seattle that disrupted Bernie Sanders speech.

When one searches "Detroit and Barney Fife" online, one will get a Huffpo article by Rev. Charles Williams II about Belle Isle. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/revere...b_4768642.htmlWhoever posted the notice Matt "found", was trying to create a distraction or to elevate fearful tension with a sham to coincide with the Black Lives Matter protests. Given the history of civil rights and how others have tried to counter announced protests [[read up on this, folks!), it's the same old, dumb tactics.

If there is something we can finally add to end this hoax in it's tracks, it would be this: that if "Barney Fife S." is a genuine person and a local, than I think I know who it may've been. It would be a strange [[but crafty) woman with a triple alliterative name who hails from K-zoo [[home to Upjohn pharmaceuticals), lived in the Cass Corridor for some time using her intellectual charm to shmooz with many arts and cultural facets, and had a page on Linkedin claiming she was fundraising for Eli lily [[she has since omitted the Eli lily part) in the Guadalajara Area of Mexico. She specializes in ruining and altering the lives of others for the worse [[often getting them to take "L.S.D." and then leave them in the hands of a raving maniac for six hours straight). She is an IV drug user who claims to be a nurse, and she should be avoided at all costs!