I've, for the most part have always been opposed to independent candidates for president because I was always afraid that one would split the party I wanted to win, and generally assumed they wouldn't have a chance.

At this point in history, I'm beginning to wonder if it couldn't be a possibility. I know it would be a long shot. But the field of people on both sides of the aisle is so weak this time around, and I think that people are so fed up with politics as usual, do you think that an independent candidate winning the election could be a possibility?

I realize that throughout the entire presidential election process, this would be something that even I would find nearly impossible to achieve, but at this point in my life would love to see, due to the current political landscape.

I'm tired of politics that don't represent the people of this country. Does anyone think we're at a juncture that could finally make this a possibility? The divide and conquer crap which is probably the most powerful strategy ever devised is destroying us as a nation. Do you think we've reached a point where a winning third party is possible? I still have my doubts but we might be reaching a point where a new reality is a possibility.