Quote Originally Posted by TennisAndMath View Post
Why would you extend it to 8 Mile? Nobody lives there and there's no reason to travel to 8 and Woodward. Unless you think the black lawyers and doctors in Palmer Woods are going to ride this thing to work. [[Never gonna happen.) You guys are so unpractical... and you're talking about a $200M+ project. I think even if you put this thing immediately to Royal Oak you probably wouldn't see ridership go off the charts. I don't think white collar folks in the region care about mass transit, like at all. Becky and Jacob in Royal Oak have free parking [[unlike Chicago, where it's usually $100-300 per month to park at apt) and love their Jetta and Grand Cherokee.
you say "i think" a lot which is great, but also makes me "think" that you have no idea what you are talking about.

people do live there and since you dont pay too much attention, the fair grounds has a decent amount of retail and will only be getting more in the coming years. furthermore you have people in ferndale and royal oak who would rather not pay for parking downtown and will park and ride. you cant have a system that goes to ferndale or royal oak unless it also goes to 8 mile so its a step towards regional transit. but since with all of your expertise you dont "think" ridership would go off the charts i guess we shouldnt discuss it.