Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
If you read this thread, you'll understand why that is. Southeast Michigan is chock full of people who pass the buck, make excuses, expect "Someone Else" to fix problems, and don't want to do anything about anything, yet somehow seem to know Every Damn Thing There Is To Know.

I'd like to think those kind of people are just a small, incredibly vocal, minority. But they've been sufficient to hold-up progress for decades. Want to start a shitstorm in Michigan? Threaten to divert the gravy train of subsidies from someone's suburban utopia.
I've noticed that and ask the question why? I can't believe they want to enjoy Detroit yet don't want to improve the way to get there, instead they want to drive everywhere and park downtown and so on. It disgusts me that downtown is full of these stupid surface parking lots, being from Chicago maybe I expect it to look more like Chicago I dunno. But I do know that Chicago can thank the L system as one of the reason's there is such a dense urban fabric here, transit like this connects neighborhoods to other parts of the city and that is something Detroit is desperately in need of, fixing the neighborhoods and reconnecting them, all 139 square miles of the city not just the 3-4 square miles of Downtown, Midtown and New Center. Other parts of the city should be feeding off of the activity taking place in these three parts of town and a light rail system would do wonders to do that.