Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/l...leven/25324896

US Army vet assaulted at Westland 7-11

As mad as I was about the beating of the Roseville man in Detroit, this put things in perspective. Slurring a US Servicemember? Who are these people?

Oh yeah, our neighbors.

The gas stations in Detroit suck. So do the ones in the suburbs. Detroit is full of thugs, and so are the suburbs.

I'm pretty much over how people say they like living here because "the people are nice." No, they're not. It's been 15 years of economic downturn and people are surly, on-edge, racist, uneducated substance-abusers. This is a lousy region to live, and a lousy region to raise a family. Detroit is the punching bag but the suburbs are trash too. It's all one big void of lousy roads, lousy schools, lousy economy, lousy transit, and lousy people.
    Those are pretty much my feelings as well.

Most people want to live in a place where everything isn't governed by the hate for their neighbor, but by the common good for everyone.

Just that much alone can soften the blow from economic depression [[see Cleveland, Pittsburgh, an any other rust belt metro area that's not Detroit).
    Last edited by 313WX; April-07-14 at 02:21 PM.