Did anyone else hear this story on WWJ? There was a nurse there who tried to help the man. Also, money is being raised for the victim.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2014/04/...ob-in-detroit/

One woman stepped in to help Steven Utash. Nurse Debra Hughes intervened and stopped the attack: “He was already down, bleeding from the mouth and the nose – so there wasn’t nothing else they could do to him but kill him,” she said.

“Then EMS came and I kept him calm, I kept his hands down and everything so he could be comfortable,” said Hughes. “He had the biggest gash on his head I ever seen – he was bleeding from the mouth and he was unconscious when I first got there … being a registered nurse, I thought I could go out and help him.”
Reverend Horace Sheffield, executive Director of the Detroit Association of Black Organizations, released a statement making an appeal to the community to find the suspects and turn them in.

“Now is the time for all of us, not just Detroiters, but also all decent God fearing human beings… to step up and say and do something to lend a personal hand in helping the police and this family find those who committed such a heinous act