Quote Originally Posted by DetroitDad View Post
That's all in your head. How you managed to get that I hated the suburbs from comments on sustainability is beyond me. I don't wish bad on the suburbs. I also don't know how a community's age has anything to do with it's sustainability. It doesn't matter when a poorly built system was built when you are talking about their prospects for the future.

My original comment was about the demolition of the malls. Despite Lodge Dodger's mall nostalgia, I think it was a shortsighted mistake to build buildings that have no possibility for reuse. I would rather see progress than keeping buildings like this that have lived past their useful life. Life is all about change, and it is time to move on to some new beginnings.
And that is exactly why everyone is on your case, Sean. Age has quite a bit to do with sustainability. I could write paragraphs about the importance of infrastructure and sustainability, but it would [[more than likely) be lost on you. It's a shame, really. You seem like a nice kid, but you have this innate talent for making sweeping statements about issues in which you have no idea.

My original comment to you was to call you out and ask you to explain your position. IIRC, I believe my comments about Summit Place Mall had nothing to do with nostalgia. I believe anytime a business closes [[whether it is in a mall setting, or not) there is a direct, negative impact on its surroundings. Watching the fast decline of the Summit Place mall has been troubling to me--where will the local shoppers go, once the mall closes? I'm lucky, I don't live in that area, I can shop in one of the newer, well-stocked shopping areas.

If you plan to post, publicly, you will need to explain yourself to those who challenge you. Those of us who are a few years out of their twenties like valid explanations to back up such comments.

As far as building re-use is concerned, was your idea for the Lafayette building in any way a sustainable re-use?

For the record, if you wish people to take you seriously, learn a bit more about the mechanics of English. The contraction, it's, means it is. The apostrophe takes the place of the letter, i. There is no need to use an apostrophe in the word, its. The word is already possessive.