This is solid gold coverage here...including links from the liberal demos.org, the more conservative Forbes, and even from Che Guavara central at the Michigan Citizen [[which, IMHO, actually makes some interesting points, even if I don't fully subscribe to their thesis.)

If you really like to geek out on this stuff and really understand what's going on, go to http://www.nextchapterdetroit.com/li...of-adjustment/

At the minimum, it's a great place to find accurate sources to cite when trying to make your opinion.

Everyone is talking about the pension cuts vs. bond cuts. But I truly find exciting where the $1.2 Billion in needed investment is going: Blight Elimination and Deparment Retraining/Restructuring.

Interesting factoids...

The city of Detroit has no information technology system -- at all -- to manage its jails, according to the plan of adjustment.
35% of the time, Detroit Department of Transportation employees don't show up to work, according to the city's plan of adjustment.
Um wow.

I feel like Detroit is really getting the reality check it's been avoiding for my entire lifetime. It's really going to be an interesting 5 years coming up.