Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

I paid less than half what I pay in Detroit back when I lived in the ghetto in Brooklyn, where the streets were covered with broken auto glass every morning. Since returning to the eastside of Detroit I have had my car broken into exactly once [[and that was directly in front of the Main Library and the DIA, and I didn't make a claim on it), and have continued my 20+ year record of no tickets and no accidents.

But I'm still paying about 3 times as much on pretty much the same car [[old Ford Focus) as my cousin who lives a couple of miles away in GP and has his car broken into twice, once stolen right out of his driveway, and otherwise drives a lot of the time like the drunken maniac he is. So, yes, I think it's a racket, and yet another example of how the rest of the state has basically decided that we're not a part of them, and they and the companies they supposedly "regulate" can shit on our heads whenever they feel like it, and then just say something like "hey, it's Detroit, what do you expect?".
    Last edited by EastsideAl; February-06-14 at 01:33 PM.