Quote Originally Posted by Downriviera View Post
Amen Brother Thruster. Great post.
Thanks for the support, Downriviera.

I don't have a problem talking about what ails this team. Lord knows there's a barrel full of reasons why this team can't get over the hump and be a contender. Want to pull one of them out of that barrel and discuss? By all means- let's bat it back and forth. Bring on the intelligent discourse.

Hell, I'm liable to agree with you.

But for those who claim to hate this team and have sworn the Lions off for good- I'm not buying it. The ones that are truly hanging it up on the Lions are gone. They're not going to waste their time and effort to write or talk about this team. We'll never hear from them again; they've shut the door to this horrid chapter of their lives. Only the people that care write and discuss this team.

If I disagree with you, that's okay too. We can all have different opinions on this team. You don't have to agree with me, Downriviera, gnome, smogboy, GOAT, or any of the other regulars on this thread- but dammit all, bring something good to the table to discuss. Bursting onto this thread stating the "Lions Suck" and bolting off without as any rationale or evidence to support that cheap ass statement shows nothing. If you truly believe they suck- let's hear why. Let's hear how you think they can be improved. Put some damn meat on the bones of your opinion. Hit & run comments hold no water with me. Those sort of comments are about as flimsy as hooker's underwear.

We seem to have a damn good bunch of people posting here somewhat regularly. Smogboy has seem to do a pretty damn good job keeping things intact and steering the ship away from mindless bitching.

And as much as I bitch about this rag tag team of misfits, you know damn well I still care for this team. The faces may come and go but put on those colors and I'll cheer them on. It isn't always easy but again- they're our damned Detroit Lions. You're not going to see me cheering for the Jets, Dolphins, or some other team I have no emotional commitment to. I wasn't born there. I wasn't raised there. I barely know the history of some of those franchises. Why should I care?

This is about my team- my Detroit Lions. Dammit all.