The Professional Plaza building is [[known) to be demolished soon, replaced with new construction [[5-story office building). I walk pass this everyday and felled in love with the layout and presence on Woodward. It will be great as Midtowns "premiere" hotel.

The tower portion will be the hotel and the smaller building next to it could be a conference hall space/ballroom and/or restaurant, bar, retail..etc? The front plaza can be re-figured and feature better landscaping/water feature of some sort [[outdoor seating)? The driveway will lead up the the hotel used for valet or cab stands. Have reasonable rates for families/students or doctors/nurse visting DMC and/or Wayne State University.

Sad that one day soon, this building will be torn down. I will just restore/renovate it, modernize it. Wouldn't be more cost-effective than tearing it down and replacing it with new construction? It's not the prettiest building but it give Midtown a little "height" and the iconic "hammer", which is not functioning now. I will also replace that surface parking lot behind it and add a two story parking garage with ground floor retail along John R. st. What's your thought on this, I will find the source of which I've seen this and post more information.