Quote Originally Posted by Brian1979 View Post
Name me one other city in America other than Philly that has their sports venues all cramped into one area. I'll exclude the Pistons since they don't even play in Detroit.

Maybe Cleveland? But it's about a mile or so from the Gateway Complex to the Browns Stadium.

Minneapolis has a pretty nice downtown area, the only team they are missing is the Wild who play in downtown St. Paul.
All in one area is a tough standard, but here are a few that are close:

Cincy has their baseball and football stadiums next to the river. They do not have professional basketball or hockey, so the biggest arena in town is on the University of Cincinnati's campus I think.

Pittsburgh has their football and baseball stadiums next to each other across the river from downtown. Their hockey arena is also near downtown, but on a hillside just east of the CBD.

Atlanta has their basketball arena, football stadium, and convention center all next to each other just west of downtown.

Seattle has their football and baseball stadiums right next to each other just south of downtown.

I'm not sure it's a bad thing to have all the venues next to each other, though. That actually helps with the whole "dead zone" idea. Between 40+ hockey games, 80+ baseball games, 10+ football games, and other events, there's something going on in at least one venue about every other day on average.