I joined this site back in its humble beginings. Just the name "yes". Attracted me to it. I was new to the city and had started a business. It was great to here of other people trying to make a go of it in this city.

As time dragged on and times got tough I had to leave the site as it become a site for naysayers rather than do-ers.

I happened to hop on the site a couple days ago and clicked on the first thread that caught my attention a woman from Canada considering moving to Detroit. I was so distraught at the answers that were being thrown out there that I tried to login with my old name to respond but it was so long ago that I had to sign back up. The negativity just blew me away. Comments from people who obviously don't live here and get all their news from the tv and Fox News.

I just can't understand why some of the regular people who post here waste so much of their time talking trash about Detroit. Do they have nothing better to do. Are they confined to a bomb shelter waiting to for the en of the world like those crazy realty shows.

It's been fun visiting again. I've been a member for 3 days again but I'm going to say goodbye and find some other place that has constructive conversations, maybe if there is someone that agrees with me they can start a new website where people like
Bham1982. Who lives in Ypsilanti. Detroit nerd - wont disclose where he's from [[my guess is not detroit). Rolfsy who lives in Ferndale [[wants to be a detroiter but can't quite make the commitment).
Iheartted. You are from New York [[piss off)
And wow. Shollin. Why are you on this site. I am betting you are an angry white overweight white male. Single. Get a life.

Jt1. Too funny.

It's been fun for a few days.

Detroit is a great place. Been here over 10 years and I love it. Over 100 employees and I know of nowhere else where one person can make such a difference. I am looking forward to seeing the continued revival of the great city.