Quote Originally Posted by warsaw7 View Post
Finally a realist! I don't mean to crash the party, but isn't there this teeny tiny rumor floating around that Detroit may enter bankruptcy? Not to mention another year of high murders? Why would any major corporations want to invest in a city that cannot even function without the help of the state?

I think that Mr. Gilbert has great intentions and I would truly love to see these "dreams" become a "reality." But I just don't see it happening until the city comes together and starts working together to eliminate the crime, the corruption and the lack of leadership that has plagued this city for years. Godspeed Detroit.
the problems of detroit havent stopped gilbert from buying up properties left and right and investing money. dont you think he has a bit more at stake than a retailer renting a space from someone else? does a detroit bankruptcy effect the foot traffic of downtown retailers in some way that i dont understand.

in regards to the "dreams" comment did you see gilbert's investment coming five years ago? a lot can change in a short time and i wouldnt put anything past gilbert and what he wants to accomplish.